Thursday, January 31, 2013

Sam Adams Winter Collection

I'm going to start with some familiar territory.  Sam Adams is readily found almost anywhere in the country and North Carolina is no exception.  For winter the Boston Beer company has produced several spiced varieties to go along with the season.  Their special winter brews can be found in a pub pack type case that also includes the familiar Boston Lager, which is how I purchased them.  The winter brews are the Winter Lager, Old Fezziwig Ale, a Holiday Porter, a Chocolate Bock, and White Christmas.  All in all the pack is an enjoyable mix of several very different types of beers.  I am sure that just about anyone can find something here that they will like. I am equally sure that everyone can find something in this collection to complain about too.  The Fezziwig was the surprise of the collection for me and likely the stand out beer of the group.  I found the porter to be a bit disappointing and the other varieties were average to slightly above averages examples of their style.  More complete reviews of each individual beer to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment