Friday, February 22, 2013

Took a Little Trip

So this week I took a trip and decided to check out a new craft beer store.  I found a couple of beers from some North Carolina Breweries that I have been wanting to try.  In keeping with my winter trend I found a couple of beers brewed with toasted grains.  The first is The Duck-Rabbit Milk Stout.  This one is described as a more or less traditional stout that balances the sweetness with the toasted grains.  The second is the Mystery Brewing Company Annabel Black Saison.  This one is described as a dry, black saison with notes of fruit, chocolate molasses and peppercorn.  These beers are not regularly on hand at the local craft beer store so these are exciting finds.
Visiting this store has also inspired me to start a section of the blog dedicated to the craft beer stores that get it right.  The one we visited this weekend did it well.  They had great selection of home brew supplies, large refrigerators where they kept ALL their beer.  It was nice to see more sellers taking craft beer seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment